Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chicks Day 13

We are sure enjoying our little chicks!

Promise has taken it upon herself to help tame all the chicks, particularly the Marans so that when she goes to collect eggs they don't behave too aggressively. She takes them out of the bin one by one, pets them and feeds them by hand.

They are getting really really big and are completely crowded in the little bin. Today they are moved outside to the critter playpen/chicken tractor I made from chicken wire, pvc pipe, and scrap wire. This will give me an opportunity to clean the little bin for the Ameracaunas that will stay in it, and prep the big bin for the Marans that need roomier diggs.

At one point toward the end of the video I comment on how the chicks appear to be in shock. Soon after they completely freak out and begin to huddle in the corner I was sitting in, some flew to get there nearly clearing the top of the pen. I covered the top with just a tarp giving them an illusion of safety and they settled down considerably.



This everyday chick video blog thing isn't working out, I am just too busy. I hope no one minds the video coming in as sporadically as it is. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, there! Fellow country witch here! I was really happy to find your blog through a webring. I would love to trade links! You can find my new spot on the web at http://ryewolffarm.terapad.com . I'll definitely be adding you to our links list if that's okay with you!